Did you know more than 35,000 people die in vehicle-related crashes in the U.S. each year? There has been significant technological breakthroughs promising new conveniences and safety improvements for drivers in 2021. The biggest change for drivers in the new era of automation is awareness!
Your awareness of the technology at work in your car and your participation to maintain a safe driving experience can save your life! We know technology is advancing in safety features but the goal is still the same, to drive safer for yourself and others on the road. FeaturesFirst Auto is connecting everyday drivers to the future of technology, in their car, by making options simplified.
Here are some tips on how you can improve your safety while driving during this Distracted Driving Awareness Month:
1. Put it away. Place your mobile device out of sight to prevent temptation.
2. Know where you’re going. If using a navigation system, program the destination before driving.
3. Pull over. If you must call or text while on the road, pull off the road safely and stop first.
4. Ask passengers for help. If riding with someone, seek their help to navigate, make a call or send a message.
5. Be a good passenger. Speak out if the driver of your vehicle is distracted.
6. Don’t be a distraction. Avoid calling or texting others when you know they are driving.
7. Activate Do Not Disturb. Setting up this feature on iPhone or Android device will prevent calls from coming in while you’re driving.
Don’t be a late adopter! FeaturesFirst Auto has become a trusted source of information for drivers in 2021. Join the community to empower yourself as a “smart” driver in the new era of automation!
Have you heard how FeaturesFirst Auto is leading the way on informed car buying and how that will be life changing for you? Read all about it!